Tuesday, April 25, 2006

So Far the Braces Don't Suck


It's been six days since I got braces, and I would have to say that so far they're very tolerable. The first couple of days I ate very soft, mushy foods, (I don't recommend pureed salmon and macaroni and cheese, by the way...) but it was as much because I had to learn how to eat with a mouthful of sharp stuff as because my teeth were sore. Since then I have been doing well, though I found out today that a well-frozen ice cream bar is more of a challenge than I would have thought. I ended up sort of slurping at it after I discovered that biting was out of the question, and had chocolate all over my face by the time I was finished. It was Cherry Garcia with a dark chocolate coating, though, so it was worth it.

I suspect that as the months progress and I am moved to less flexible bands I will have painful interludes, but at the moment I'm just asking myself why I waited for so long to get my teeth straightened.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marlys Hesch Sebasky said...

Awww, what a sweet smile!
Hugs,
Mom

9:25 PM  
Blogger Lemony said...

Even though I can't close my mouth all the way because of that bumper thingy? Is this one of those "only a mother could love" things?

Anyway, bless your heart. Also, my birthday is coming up (eventually) and I think I might need a fountain for my garden. Do you have any idea where I might get such a thing?

ILY,

Lemony

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home