Saturday, January 21, 2006

So Far, So Good

Well, I'm glad to say that I made it through my first day back at school. I had a strange moment on the drive up when we were in four lane traffic and my husband was listening to a podcast and I had to ask him to turn it off because I felt a little floaty and over-stimulated. After that it got better, and going to class was pretty easy, though I did feel tired towards the end, which was somewhat absurd, since it's only an hour and fifty minute class! I even parked in my normal spot, and didn't feel too out of breath on the walk to Keihle. I'm a bit more concerned about the trek to Riverview, since it's much farther from my parking spot, but I think that if I give myself enough time, and make sure not carry anything heavy at first, (I'm not bringing my backpack to schooI, just my three-ring binder) should be okay. I do think that as the semester progresses I will feel stronger and better, so it's really only a matter of getting past this first month or so.

After class we met up with Mom at a local coffee shop, which was nice. It turned out to be a pretty good day.

3 Comments:

Blogger Marlys Hesch Sebasky said...

Good company, good coffee AND a bit o' shopping...I agree, not bad at all :^)
ILY,
Mom

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

> so it's really only a matter of getting past this first month or so.

Bingo! And it's really only a matter of getting past the first day or so... and then the first week or so... j'know?

Love hee munch tew - Noona

7:11 AM  
Blogger Lemony said...

I know, I know. And I'm already doing edgy, rebellious things like shaving my legs and using sharp knives. (Golly, am I a rock star or what?)

I would just like to sleep through the night without:

1. Waking because the Warfarin has inflated me like a cheap balloon while I was sleeping.

2. Waking because the uncomfortable sensation engendered by option #1 has inspired another bizarre and frightening dream.

Maybe some day soon.

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home