Friday, March 30, 2007

I Hab a Coad

Everything's greening up! (even the bark)

I have been trying to fight off a tickly snotty sore throaty malaise since Monday, and yesterday I though that it was getting better. Really. But then I stayed up until almost 4:00 am finishing The History of Love by Nicole Krauss, which Brian gave me last Saturday after the weekly run. It was clever and lovely: I highly recommend it. However. It was not a very health-enhancing decision, and this morning my nose is runnier and my throat scratchier, and I imagine the the unrelenting gray and rainy weather isn't going to dry up my head anytime soon. Ah well. I think that I've put reading in front of health pretty much my whole life. It's not such a bad way to be.

Read anything good lately? I need a new book to take my mind off this cold...

I raked all these leaves off of my flower beds the other day. Thanks to the recent rain, they're going to be a real pleasure to bag up...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't have a coad. It's still that darn academics-onset scurvy. Reading just exacerbates it. Get thee some onge juice!

Love hee munch -

Noona

PS - Keet backyard!

6:42 AM  
Blogger Lemony said...

Hmmm. Academics-onset scurvy strikes again.
Figures.

At least all the hot lemonade I've been drinking should help with that. (Scooby gives me SUCH A LOOK when I schups a full glass into the microwave. Poor guy.)

ILYM

Lemony

PS- My backyard will be keeter still when all the debris is cleared up:-)

12:35 PM  
Blogger Marlys Hesch Sebasky said...

The way I remember it, you used to put reading in front of most everything! :^)
ILY,
Mom

8:12 PM  
Blogger Marlys Hesch Sebasky said...

Tuesday night:
How 'bout a picture of your yard NOW? Looks like 3-4" here so far...argh....my plastic flamingoes are up to their knees and have white coats again...sigh.

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home