Friday, March 16, 2007

Goings On

Crabshell on the beach, macro-style.

Ok, yeah, I'll be the first to admit that I haven't been very good about posting lately. I've been busy. Too busy, in fact, to procrastinate by blogging. That said, we did just have a lovely weeklong vacation on Hilton Head Island (off the coast of South Carolina) with Scooby's grandparents and LM. Highlights included trips to the beach for biking (yay balloon-tired rental cruisers) and walking, kayaking in Broad Creek (hello dolphins!) and hiking on Pinckney Island. Oh, and a really good sale at the J. Crew outlet store. I am SO set for chocolate brown clothing now. But hey, how often can you leave J. Crew with 3 pairs of trousers, a sweater, and a shirt for under $50?

We block the lovely scenery at the Pinckney Island Refuge.

Anyway we came back to find the colossal snow fall mostly melted, which leaves me longing for spring to get properly underway so that I can get into the back yard and start digging and planting. Who would have thought that I would be so excited by gardening? I know so many people here in the city who don't plant anything, and even fewer who grow veggies, but I think I would feel bereft if I left my gardens fallow. I guess it's a luxury, like anything else, and I'm lucky to have the time in my life to do it. That said, it's just satisfying on so many levels so see the tender shoots of things I have planted pushing up through the mud. Hurry up spring!

A Camelia in the Grandparent's backyard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home