Sunday, October 12, 2008

(She is) My Sunshine

Then

Every so often (usually in the presence of a new baby) Mom will remark that she remembers when I was so little that she could hold me against her shoulder and my bottom would be above chest level (this is always accompanied by the same cradling hand gestures: See, this small...) Before Josie was born, I really didn't appreciate how fleeting that time of fragility and just plain NEWness actually is. At 4.5 months, it's long gone. Oh, it may linger longer for some people–Baby MoMo, who is a week older than Josie, (or Baby JoJo as Ducky calls her) is a feather of a baby–but with a 5'10" Mama and a 6'5" Papa, I suspect dainty peanutry is not in Josie's genetic cards. What she does seem to have inherited, besides being the first sip of what I suspect will be a long tall drink of water, is a cheery outlook and an easy sense of humor. We joke that she is the poster child for procreation because she's such a smiley baby that she makes our childless friends re-think their lifestyles. As I write this she is hanging out in her exersaucer and cooing and giggling at me.

Last week the weather was lovely, so Josie and I walked over to Minnehaha Falls park, and she got to try out a swing for the first time, which she seemed to enjoy.

Now

5 Comments:

Blogger Marlys Hesch Sebasky said...

"I suspect dainty peanutry is not in Josie's genetic cards"...LOL!
Those are absolutely PRECIOUS pictures of her tho...thanks!

xoxoxo
Mom

11:02 PM  
Blogger Faux Martha said...

Kendall writes: "That's Josie. She's a cute baby. She's my friend."

5:28 PM  
Blogger Lemony said...

I can just hear her saying that. Baby Josie. I can also imagine her calling Josie that when Josie is in college:-)

6:08 PM  
Blogger Faux Martha said...

By the way, we have somewhat transformed her name, and are now referring to her as Dilbert.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Hmm, that post and those pictures do make me want to have a baby right now.

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home