Thursday, June 19, 2008

Update to the Belated Update

Sleep when the baby sleeps...

The beneficent Grammy L.

After coming home from the hospital, I got an infection in my c-section incision, which was no fun, and then also developed a hematoma about the size of a softball in the sheath around my abdominus rectus muscles...so I have had a rough couple of weeks, but feel that I'm getting to the other side.

In better news, Josie is excellent, and has surpassed her birth weight by 6 oz., which is wonderful. We are very lucky to have my Mother in Law staying with us/looking after us, and days in the household are spend napping, eating and changing cloth diapers. I spend a fair amount of time feeling like a zombie milk truck, but in the best sort of way. Sometimes I have these moments of clarity in the middle of the night, when Josie has finished nursing and dropped into a noisy, contented sleep, when I just look at her and marvel that Scott and I were able to make something so amazing.

I'm sure that lack of sleep makes these moments especially profound, but even so, it's pretty incredible.

We have had so many visitors this past week. Just today A. Boof and Dude stopped by to meet Josie. She was very pleased to meet them, too.

Great Aunt Boof loves up baby Josie.

I so remember cousin Will when he was Josie's size, and here he is, all grown up.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so munch for all the pictures! In the first picture Fine looks alot like ABF (aka GMumma). Or at least like she looked when she was a baby. Not so much anymore.

Love youse all munch -

GANoona

5:47 AM  
Blogger Lemony said...

Maybe. I think she really looks like herself... Also, I think she has her Papa's nose...

ILY,

Lemony

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home