Monday, May 29, 2006

98 Degrees in the Shade

Having finally finished painting the kitchen and installing the counters, not to mention painting the foundation of the house and building my fountain, we decided that it was time to have people over. So last night a few of the weekly Daily Show night contingent and a couple of neighbors and friends dropped by for some grilling, cake (it was P.'s birthday) and conversation. A good time was had by all, though the "conversation" about run-off voting got a skosh intense:-)

Party goers lounging in a post-dining daze.

S. lounging after slaving over a hot grill.

Pump:$16 at Menards. Planter Pot: $60 at Bachman's. Finding out that your neighbors copied your design almost exactly because they so admired it: Priceless.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can understand where your neighbors are coming from - I like your garden too and plan to heavily borrow your ideas when I redo my backyard. Thanks in advance -

LHM - Noona

8:18 AM  
Blogger Lemony said...

How sweet of you to say so. I'm just so glad to be almost fully perennial-ized. I dream of the spring when I will be able to clean all the winter debris out of the beds and then watch everything come in on its own!

ILY,

Lemony

8:55 AM  
Blogger Marlys Hesch Sebasky said...

Not to rain on your parade, Sweetie, but you'll ALWAYS tinker with it, EVERY spring...lol I think it's a disease. No meds required, just one more heuchera........

BTW, I love the fountain, too!
xoxo,
Mom

10:23 AM  
Blogger Mr. Wentz said...

Was the dazed state due to the dinner or to the apparent beatification of one of the loungers?

Wearing a halo at a garden party is a bit presumptious, wouldn't you say?

5:27 PM  
Blogger Lemony said...

Nice, Mr. Wentz.

Ellen, beatified by a Tupperware halo, blesses all with her joyful presence:-)

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home