Monday, August 14, 2006

Reared on the Teat of Public Radio

Yesterday as Scooby and I were driving around running errands and listening to Mojo's Womenfolk (the special Winnipeg Folk Festival wrap up!) show on KFAI, Scoob remarked that from what he's heard of my radio persona on KVSC, and Mojo and our dear friend Luvbaby Driver on KFAI, we employ special "non-commercial radio" voices when on air. You know the voice I'm talking about: soothing, serious, and precise. He seemed to find it pretty amusing. Says we're much girly-er in person. Whatever.

4 Comments:

Blogger Marlys Hesch Sebasky said...

LOL...isn't there an SNL skit about women NPR hosts? I LOVE those, too!

"More, right after this...."

Love you,
Mom

7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you have a "radio voice", you come by it honestly. Grammie had a "telephone voice". She'd be yelling at us, the phone would ring and she'd answer with this very professional, polished voice that was NOTHING like the voice she was using nanoseconds earlier. One of my favorite memories...

LHM - Noona

7:37 AM  
Blogger Lemony said...

I remember Grammie's phone voice—no one answered the phone like Gram. She had a unique way of modulating the word "Hello;" I can hear it in my head, but when I try to say it, it doesn't come out right.

10 years at the end of the month. I sure do miss her.

Love (circled)

Little Em

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you realize it has been over two and a half months since the last toody update? And just as long (practically) since there were any new Dilly pictures.

Love - A. Noona

PS - Not that I'm hinting or anything. I just thought maybe you were low on blog ideas. I know your mother is.

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home